One of the reasons I created my blog, FAVORITE THINGS, was because I wanted to give my PARTY FAVORITES PORTFOLIO members the opportunity to showcase their talent to the Washington, DC area and beyond. With all of the research that goes into selecting the PARTY FAVORITES PORTFOLIO members, there is no doubt that each member is extremely talented and strives for exceptional client service. This being said, why do you select one vendor over another? I think that personality and style should play a part in your decision-making. Let's face it- there are some people you just "click" with. Whether you are planning a wedding, mitzvah or shower, these are important events in your life and in order to make these events effortless (or at least appear effortless) you need a support team who you trust and "click" with. Websites, photos and videos are all great at showcasing the talent, but how do you get to know the person behind the talent? That is a hard question but I hope our new weekly series- 10 FAVORITE THINGS will help. Each week a different member of our PARTY FAVORITES PORTFOLIO will tell you "10 FAVORITE THINGS" you should know about them. I hope it will give you a little insight into our member's individual personalities and styles and help you to assemble a team of FAVORITES for your event!
10 FAVORITE THINGS BY TERRI BERGMAN OF TERRI BERGMAN EVENTS
- Describe yourself in 3 words...Approachable, Sensitive, Obsessive.
- If I weren't in the special events industry I would be...Miserable.
- What do you love about your job? I love my job because at the end of the day the rewards outweigh the challenges.
- Three "must haves" when working an event are...Organization, a Sense of Humor, and False Eyelashes in case there is no time to change.
- Last book I read...Middlesex
- If I could have one "superpower" it would be...Telepathy-always want to know what everybody is thinking.
- The T.V. character I am most like is...Elaine Nardo.
- Favorite things to do in my free time are...Retail Therapy, Spa Treatments, Being with my family...no particular order.
- Favorite color...Black...it goes with everything!
- One last random thing you should know...I hate being disappointed.