A "Surprise Wedding Dance" is the most perfect way to personalize your wedding. With the popularity of reality shows such as Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance, it is not surprising that today's brides and grooms are seizing the moment and strutting their stuff. This hot trend is evidenced by the more than 1100 "Surprise Wedding Dance" videos that pop up on YouTube.
Take a look at two of our YouTube favorites.
The surprise is at about 50 seconds into the video
The surprise is at about 1:36.
If you decide to personalize your wedding with a Surprise Wedding Dance, here are a few tips to make your performance a blockbuster:
- Start early. The pros make it look really easy on Dancing With The Stars but the reality is that in order to pull off your performance, you will have to have all of your moves down perfectly and this requires lots of practice.
- Hire a professional dance instructor to choreograph your moves.
- Be sure to have a "Dress" rehearsal and edit any moves that may be too difficult to perform in your gown.
- Size up your shoe situation. Your Louboutins make look fabulous with your dress but they are probably not the best dance shoes. Consider changing your shoes for your special dance.
- KEEP YOUR DANCE A SURPRISE! DON'T TELL ANYONE EXCEPT FOR YOUR BAND OR DJ (for obvious reasons). The reaction of your guests will be priceless.
- HAVE FUN! This is your chance to have fun and live in the moment. Everyone at your wedding is there because they love you -so don't be afraid to step out of your box.